The Draw of the Sea
Free UK Standard Shipping over £100
Wyl Menmuir's The Draw of the Sea is a book about the fisherman, surfers, swimmers, beachcombers, conservationists, sailors and boatbuilders who make their living on the Cornish Coast.
The Draw of the Sea will evoke both the specific and the universal appeal of the sea in the same way that James Rebanks evoked both the specific and the universal in The Shepherd's Life: A Tale of the Lake District.
- In this beautifully-written meditation on what it is that draws us to the waters' edge, author Wyl Menmuir tells the stories of the people whose lives revolve around the sea in the Cornish community where he lives.
- In twelve interlinked chapters, Menmuir explores the lives of local fishermen steeped in the rich traditions of a fishing community, the beachcombers who wander the shores in search of the varied objects which wash ashore and the stories they tell, and all number of others who have made their lives on the beautiful Cornwall coast.
- In the specifics of these livelihoods and their rich histories and traditions, Wyl Menmuir captures the universal human connection to the sea. Into this seductive tapestry, Wyl weaves the story of how the sea has beckoned, consoled and restored him.
- This book is a meaningful and moving work into how we interact with the environment around us, and how it comes to shape the course of our lives. As unmissable as it is compelling, as profound as it is personal, this must-read book will delight anyone familiar with the intimate and powerful pull which the sea holds over us.
Deliveries & Returns
Free UK Standard Delivery for orders over £100, in 3-5 working days.
Free 28 day UK Returns.
Free EU Standard Delivery for orders over €180.
Free USA delivery for orders over $100.
£15 Tracked Shipping to Rest of World, with Free Shipping on orders above a certain value.
- Diego V.Verified BuyerI recommend this productRated 5 out of 5 stars7 months agoGreat Book
Beautiful writing & design