A circular fibre.
What is TENCEL™?
TENCEL™ is a branded lyocell; a natural, cellulosic fibre, made using a closed-loop process from regenerated wood pulp from farm-grown eucalyptus trees. Sustainably grown and FSC certified, TENCEL™ fibres are antibacterial and more absorbant than cotton, softer than silk and cooler than linen.
How is TENCEL™ fabric made?
TENCEL™ fabric is made through a process known as lyocell production, where high-quality wood pulp is sourced from sustainably managed forests, dissolved in a non-toxic solvent, filtered to remove impurities, spun into fibers, washed, dried, stretched to improve strength, and finished to add desired properties. The result is a soft, breathable, and sustainable fabric that is a popular alternative to traditional synthetic fibers and is made using a closed-loop system for solvent recovery and reuse to reduce the environmental impact.
Benefits of TENCEL™ Fabric
- Softness: known for its ultra-soft and smooth texture, making it a comfortable choice for clothing and bedding.
- Moisture Management: natural ability to absorb and release moisture, keeping you cool and dry.
- Hypoallergenic: naturally hypoallergenic and antimicrobial, making it ideal for those with sensitive skin.
- Sustainability: made from wood pulp sourced from sustainably managed forests and the production process is eco-friendly, reducing the environmental impact of textile production.
How to care for TENCEL™ fabric
Caring for TENCEL™ fabric clothing is relatively simple and straightforward. Here are some tips to keep your clothes looking their best:
- Wash in cold water: the fabric is delicate and should be washed in cold water to avoid damage from hot water.
- Use gentle detergents: Avoid using harsh detergents that can damage the fibers of the fabric. Opt for a gentle, eco-friendly detergent instead.
- Avoid high heat: should not be exposed to high heat, so it's best to avoid using hot water and the dryer. Instead, hang dry or lay flat to air dry.
- Iron on low heat: If you need to iron your clothes, do so on a low heat setting to avoid damaging the fibers.
- Avoid bleach: bleach can damage the fibers, so it's best to avoid using it.
By following these simple care instructions, you can keep your TENCEL™ clothes looking their best for a long time.