Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We control information we have collected about you that is relevant to your account. This includes:
- Your purchasing habits with us
- To verify your identity and that you are least 18 years of age (we cannot sell any goods to you if you are below 18 years of age).
The information we gather on our site falls into two categories: (1) personal information you supply when you become a member, order, complete a survey, post in a discussion forum, post news articles, or provide your email address, and (2) tracking information collected as you navigate through our site.
1. Personally identifiable information. To use certain features on our site, we ask you to become a registered user. When you do this, we collect personally identifiable information about you such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, user name and password. We may ask you for personal information when you place an order for products or complete a survey. We use this information to process your order, your request or to help improve our site. When personally identifiable information is collected, you will know because you will have to fill out a form.
2. Aggregate information. When you use our site, we may collect tracking information such as your browser type, the type of operating system you use, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and pages visited on the site. None of this information identifies you personally; we collect it for aggregate reporting on site activity.
How We Use Your Personal Data
- Marketing. We may contact you with promotions we think might interest you, as part of our market research, either by mail, telephone or email.
- Third Party Marketing. We may share your details with third parties whose offers we think might interest you, either directly or through a data co-operative. The personal information you provide may also be used for the purposes of: identity verification, credit and risk management, revenue collection, database verification and enhancement. Data co-operatives are companies whose members contribute information about their consumers in exchange for information about other consumers that may be interested in their products.
- Telephone Calls. We randomly monitor and record your calls. This helps to ensure that we provide you with the highest level of service and maintain quality standards. We may also pass information about you to agents, service providers and employees to carry out services. In the course of providing such services, we may transfer your personal information outside the European Economic Area. We will employ appropriate security measures to protect your personal information where this is the case.
How You Can Correct Your Information
To update the information retained about you, please log in.
To protect your privacy and security, we will also verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
If you want to review or amend your personal details, including your billing and delivery address, this can be reviewed within the Account section of the website under the Address section.
If you do not want us to use your information for third party marketing purposes, or if you wish to adjust any other preferences please contact us at the address detailed in the “how to contact us” section below. In selecting to opt out of third party activity we will ensure all channels of communication, post, email, telephone and SMS (text), are opted out.
Opting Out of All Third Pary Mail Advertising
The most effective way to receive less advertising mail at home is to use the Direct Marketing Association’s (DMA’s) Mailing Preference Service. Through this service, you can choose to stop all future direct mail entirely. All of our third party companies are registered as a DMA member, as members they subscribe to and suppress any name and address on the DMA’s Mailing Preference Service file from its direct mail marketing lists. The simplest way to register is online at www.mpsonline.org.uk/mpsr/ or call 0845 703 4599 to request an application form.
Our Email Policies
We will ask for your email address and/or mobile telephone number so that we can send you an email confirming your order and so that we may send you additional marketing information through emails and SMS. If you currently receive eNewsletters and no longer wish to receive them, you can follow the 'unsubscribe' link located near the bottom of each newsletter.
How to Contact Us
Address: Finisterre, Wheal Kitty Workshops, St Agnes, Cornwall. TR5 0RD
Phone: 01872 554 481. Phone calls may be recorded for training purposes
Registered under the UK Data Protection Act (1998) Registration No: A8061185